2/07/2010

Christmas

What better time to post about Christmas than on a Sunday in February, right?
Same focus...
Same theme...
Same happy, smiley faces...
(Here they're waiting for Daddy to get the room picture-ready)

...and I realize it looks like I keep my children in a monkey cage, but really.
It's just an unfriendly German staircase with a babygate that cost me my next born child.


So Christmas started later than usual this year.
I like to start decorating after Halloween.
We didn't get decorations up until the first part of December!
{Gasp}
But alas, we made the most of it.
We bought our first REAL Christmas tree and decorated it as a family
in whites and golds
...my FAVE!
I got to hang all of my hand-made garland and wreaths which always gives me a tingly feeling,
we participated in some Christmas programs,
&
Daphne and I decided to choose one Saturday to just bake.
And we baked for 13hours to put together a
deliciously lovely arrangement for neighbors and friends which had the following:
Coconut Cream Macaroons
German Chocolate Cookies
White Chocolate Pecan Toffee
Lemon Sugar Cookies with a Lime Icing
Raspberry Almond Thumb Cookies
&
Cake Pops


You're probably starting to ask yourself
"where are all the pictures of these so-called events and gorgeous decorations?"

Well, I'll tell.
We had an unfortunate turn of events...
or our Sony Vaio did anyway.
He crashed, taking our December pictures with him...
a mean little virus got to him.
But, lucky for you, I had 2 pics saved to blogger draft before he succumbed.
:)
The 2nd of which is of total scrumptiousness.
Be forewarned, though, just looking at this picture
may magically make you increase one pant size...
or more.

Just sayin'.

...(sigh) I feel my back-side growing as I drool over this picture again.


Either way, we had a wonderful Christmas.
Our 1st Christmas NOT traveling to see family.
Although we missed our loved ones,
It was nice just spending it with our little family and free of travel-stress!



5 comments:

The Love Bunch said...

Can you come and by my neighbor next time you move? The cookie plate looks amazing and yummy! Your munchkins looks so cute just sitting there.
Glad that you had a great Christmas in Germany.

Shauna said...

Just gained 10 lbs.

I need that lemon sugar cookie recipe bad.

SO sorry about your loss of December pictures. The 2 you got saved are awesome, though. I'm so happy you have at least 1 Christmas Day picture of the kiddies!

Shannon said...

I just went up 2 pants sizes...that is NOT a good thing as I am trying to LOSE 2 pants sizes! :) Cute cute kids!

Becky said...

you gals are like gourmet chefs! You can come to my neighborhood next Christmas please! Those looks so amazing!

tenacious d said...

Oh, that looks so good! You have very lucky neighbors.