6/11/2009

Afton's 1st

It was May 22nd.
So I'm a bad mom!
But she'll never know...
Right?
{cross fingers}
Afton is such a light in our lives!
A"pistol" our "little firecracker" and "spitfire"
I fear for Porter's safety when she is old enough to walk...
now he can at least run away from the little piranha

She held her own with her strawberry frosting covered blueberry muffin...
er "Birthday Cake."
Hey, step off!
We're living in a hotel...
in Deutschland...
and there's no Target...
or Walmart...
and I have no oven or stove...
and I'm a bad mom



(Watch out, Afton, he's a sneaky one)

I love that she's the most stubborn baby I know.
It's a battle of the wills...ALWAYS
I love the way she looks for Porter in the morning...as soon as she's up she crawls over to his door and yells for him to come out...
or until she wakes him up.

I love that she knows when WE think she's funny and she'll laugh at herself even more
(and look at those baby-blues!)

I love the faces she makes!
And this trait she gets from Moi

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!
I love you!

Playing with her Favorite (only) new toy

*Oh yeah, and our camera battery died.
Our charger wasn't compatible with the European adapter...
so these were taken with my iPhone...
poor kid won't have video OR good quality pictures.
Enjoy the video we DO have :)







5 comments:

Shauna said...

Happy birthday Afton! I LOVE her wiggly legs in that video. They are so skinny...and wiggly! Hey I think the frosted blueberry muffin is pretty genius. Not even close to a bad mom! Her yellow headband is my fave. She's changed a lot since here, she's so pretty!

tenacious d said...

You are a great mom! Of all of the things that a person could end up on an analyst's couch for, this is the least-likely. Once you get settled, you'll be able to have a half-birthday party for her.

She's not the least bit interested in walking, is she? She'd prefer to dance.

Sarah said...

YOu when i saw the blueberry muffin I thought... wat a great idea! And nice noodle legs Afton!

The Sohm's said...

Your kids are so cute! Looks like your little girl had a fun 1st birthday:)

Elizabeth O. said...

ONE!!?? I can't believe it! Not only are you one of the best moms I have ever met, you are one of the most Hil-ar-ious women!! I miss you guys! Love!